Ros.ie

You don't claim on ROS. You file a return via Revenue MyAccount. See the link below. Read all the steps and watch the videos. You can file a return in a few minutes online.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/end-of-year-process/index.aspx
He's self employed so it probably does mean using ROS rather than myAccount?

He's self employed so it probably does mean using ROS rather than myAccount?
Then this post and the other are a bit confusing. He's paid too much tax because he hasn't claimed all his credits but he's self employed? Is he looking to amend his form 11 filed to claim some additional reliefs/credits? This is a discussion he should be having with his accountant.

Interesting one. Whether you're self employed or PAYE, you should use Revenue MyAccount to update your tax credits for this year and onwards. However, if there was a mistake and last year's credits were incorrect, then it's different for two cases:

- If you fill out a Form 11 every year, I believe you can just correct it on the Form 11. I don't know if Revenue will query the difference, if it's not a lot they probably won't but if it's a tax credit that is in the thousands, you might want to add a comment to the tax return explaining your mistake

- If you're purely PAYE and don't do Form 11 returns, you should probably contact Revenue directly as I don't believe there's any other way to get the refund. They'll probably issue some corrective Employment Statement for last year and refund you with a bank transfer or a cheque. I'm less sure of this though, if you or someone else finds out, do post the answer :)

- If you fill out a Form 11 every year, I believe you can just correct it on the Form 11. I don't know if Revenue will query the difference, if it's not a lot they probably won't but if it's a tax credit that is in the thousands, you might want to add a comment to the tax return explaining your mistake
Not necessary.

The Form 11 amendment facility requires you to tick a box indicating whether the amendment is to enable a credit to be claimed or the correction of an error. No further explanation is needed.

Back