Roofer in Drogheda

moneypitt

I badly need a roofer to save me from drowning in my own bedroom! I am in Drogheda area, any recommendations please?

When we were viewing the house (back when sun was shining, etc) everything was hunky dorry and the agent mentioned there was a leak (explaining the stains on the plaster board) and its now fixed etc - and when I went up to attic yesterday the "fix" was actually a old washing machine packaging/cardboard to soak up the leak! Well, now we have running water feature in the bedroom, which is rather noisy for our taste! (Couldn’t sleep all night!) :mad:[broken link removed]

thanks in advance!

There are some recommendations for roofers in the key post on Roofing but unfortunately they appear to be for Dublin. Perhaps you could ring them and ask for a further recommendation. We don't appear to have any for your area.

This [broken link removed] might provide something also.

Talk to the guy who did your structural survey. Embarrass him into recommending a good roofer who also might happen to be available before the next downpour.

Thanks Extopia - a relative has offered to help, he has experience building his own house.

Would have though the surveyor would spot stuff like this - he found minor issues in the attic with the partition wall etc, but failed to notice this one. I will ring him and see if he as any comments!

Getting used to the drip drip now anyway! :)

Still waiting for a good dry day to fix it, meanwhile I had a good look at water is dripping from a puncture in the felt, and its in the valley next to between the chimney and the A shape to the front of the house (what do you call that?) – which I was told is very awkward part of the roof to fix, but have to be done. In the meantime, I have arranged some attic floor boards direly under the leak and a small bucket, so that it not get thru to the plaster board under it.

Any tips on how to go about fixing a hole in the felt from under the roof, getting up there and removing the tiles one by one may be the correct fix, but I think its going to cost me a few months salary!!

Thanks in advance!

It's not easy to identify the exact source of the leak. Even if you can see where the water is dripping from, the water could be running some distance along the felt before escaping through the hole you've spotted. There should be no water reaching the felt anyway, so plugging this hole doesn't solve the problem. The water will just find somewhere else to exit.

The source of the leak is probably a broken slate or damaged flashing or loose ridge tile. You really need to have someone get up on the roof and inspect it for damage. Perhaps you can also do this from the inside, but it's less likely.

My sister's father in law is a roofer and live's in Drogheda. If you want his name and phone # send me a message

im not sure what the guidelins are here with regards to surveyors, but how much is the surveyor supposed to find in his surveys? do you have any come backs for stuff that crops up after ( like the leaking roof) a leaking roof may be impossible to find in dry weather. is there an issue here with getting a certified surveyor with PI ?

Back