Roof moss treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

carinebrexleyc

Hey everyone,

I recently noticed that my roof has started developing moss. I'm concerned about the potential damage it can cause to the roof's structure and overall appearance. I've heard about various methods to treat moss on roofs, but I'm not sure which one to choose.

Has anyone here dealt with roof moss before? What treatment options did you use, and were they effective? I've heard about using chemical treatments, pressure washing, or even using natural remedies like vinegar or baking soda. I want to make sure I choose a method that is both safe for the roof and effective in removing the moss.

Also, are there any preventive measures I can take to reduce the chances of moss growth in the future? I want to address the current issue and avoid having to deal with it again down the line.

Any advice or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!"

1. Using a thin paint scraper only I removed moss from our roof - I should point out I have easy access to the roof.
2. Our moss was mainly caused by birds leaving their droppings while resting on the television aerial on the chimney. A neighbour regularly feeds birds in his back garden by spreading bird feed over the whole area which attracted much more birds than you would think. I had a quiet word there too.

There's a recent thread that covers this topic here, so I'll close this to avoid duplication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back