roller blind repair/parts?

elmo blatch

I got windows fitted recently, and when I took down one of the roller blinds, I noticed a spring sound which sort of worried me (like a spring snapping), but when I didn't see anything drop to the floor, i ignored it. So anyway, when I put them back up, I noticed the spring mechanism is broken i.e. they are now totally resting on the window sill, and cant raise them up.... anyone know a good repair person or more ideally a place where I can bring them or get a part?? I'm fairly certain it wouldn't pay someone to travel out to repair if you know what I mean..... any suggestions appreciated!!

thanks a mill

EB

When I got my new roller blinds last year a few of them we not springy enough so I asked the rep to look at them when they came back to fix something else. He showed me how to tighten it myself. This only works if the spring needs tightening rather than being completely wrecked.

Firstly roll the blind down. Then release the blind from the bracket on one side. I think it is the left hand side (the one with the straight connection). Leave the round connection sitting in the bracket and start manually rolling the blind back up. You may need to do this a couple of times to get the right tension. Be careful not to over tighten it as it will jam and you will be back to square one.

If this doesn't work most blind shops will repair it for you if you bring it into them. It shouldn't cost much for a new spring.

I brought my roller blind to a very competent assistant in the Home Store in Blanchardstown S.C. (in the line of shops between PC World and Currys).
She replaced spring for around €7.

that's great thanks for all your replies. there is a homefocus locally, so think I will try that.

Cheers,
EB

Back