Roaming and data in Aus and NZ

NotMyRealName

Traveling to Aus and NZ this summer. Wondering if anyone has any experience/ advice re. best options for phone roaming and data in both countries. I'm a Three customer on billpay. WiFi available in accomodation but I was more thinking about use of Google maps, online booking services, etc when out and about.
Cheers

Dual SIM phones are ideal for this kind of use, you can use a local SIM for data and your existing SIM for voice/SMS to stay contactable. If you want to make the odd local call, you can select the local SIM.

It's probably cheaper to buy a SIM card over there to use for mobile data.
Thanks, I may order one to be sent to me as I'll need to hit the ground running.......Trying to book an Uber in Boston Airport last time, vaporised my data allowance in seconds.

Dual SIM phones are ideal for this kind of use, you can use a local SIM for data and your existing SIM for voice/SMS to stay contactable. If you want to make the odd local call, you can select the local SIM.
Thanks, I hadn't known about that, but new phone probably not in the plan... However, it's worth looking into

Last time I was in Australia they were giving out SIMs at a counter in the arrivals hall.

I'm not big on free public WiFi, .....at 11 pm ,tired , needing to get to hotel and outside temp below zero..I could tap permission for anything...

Back