Road Frontage Requirement.

N

Neadine

Anybody got any advice of this?

I have been given the option of a number of sites from my parents, the one that I would really like to have is just over 1 acre, it doesn’t have very much road frontage (about 55 feet), but the site opens up. I don’t want to build right at the front, prefer the idea of building in the centre, which would allow for a drive and garden front and back.

Has anyone come across this or know the specific road frontage that is required??

Thanks! :confused:

Dont know what the minimum road frontage is but I would say it may be specific to your local planning office so I would say give them a ring and ask them. The site sounds lovely though - and if you have no houses beside you that are very close to the road you'll have no problem getting permission to push the house back a bit.

There is no set amount of road frontage that must be provided. However, it is necessary that there be a proper line of sight at the roadway. Your architect will advise as part of the planning process.

road frontage shouldnt be a problem the only problem you might come accross is how far the site is from a bend in the road if the entrance is 100 meters you are ok well your dealing with planning here! but by their regs you are ok, you can put the entrance nearer to a bend but only if the speed limit is say 50 kph. there is a scale acording tospeed limits the higher the limit on siad road the further away you have to be from the bend.
hope this helps

The road frontage of the site makes no difference.

However, you need to be able to see 120m of road in both directions. Its even a bit more complicated than that: you stand on the road-side, then step in 2-3 meters, and THEN you have to see THAT SIDE of the road, 120 m down the road. The 2-3m is for you car visibility when coming out of your entrance

You definately need to talk to the council about this one! When I got my permission last year I needed 60m site line min and this could be reduced to 50m at the councils discretion. It also depends if your on a national or regional road. Give them a shout and ask them what the county development plan stipulates.

Also I "think" - could be wrong - that if there is not already an acess point to the road from your plot of land you might have to apply for an access point.

Back