Risk of redundancy- Social welfare entitlements

thedaddyman

I have a pretty significant risk of redundancy in 2015. I'll get a decent package due to my service length (€155k before tax). We have €140k outstanding on our mortgage, no other debts. 2 kids under 16 and my wife works part time earning €21k pa

What are my SW entitlements likely to be? I've never drawn SW in this country so pretty clueless on this side of things.

You will be eligible for Unemployment Benefit for 9 months, that is currently €188 per week after that you will have to apply for the means tested Unemployable Allowance.

You will be eligible for Unemployment Benefit for 9 months, that is currently €188 per week after that you will have to apply for the means tested Unemployable Allowance.
Slight clarification - You will be eligible for Unemployment Benefit for 9 months while you are searching for other work, that is currently €188 per week after that you will have to apply for the means tested Unemployable Allowance..

It is likely you will be disqualified from benefits for 9 weeks due to the size of the package.

Back