Riello Burner Intermittently starting (firebird)

larmstrong

Dear all, I have a Riello R40 burner, its fairly old, I see lots of good replys to post on Riello Burners, but I haven’t been able to solve my problem.

Basically, when the time clock says to come on. Sometime it will start and some times it won't. Its tripping out with the red switch on the front and as soon as I reset that it starts again. It is really intermittent, it will run for 2/3 days coming on morning and evening, and then the next morning or evening it won’t fire up and I need to reset the red button.
It could also start on the clock, get up to temp, stop waiting for the rads to take heat and then not start again. Each and every time if I reset the red button it comes on.
I haven’t managed to be there any time it won’t start.

This is what I’ve done so far.
Was serviced two years ago and got a new nozzle, running fine after that. This issue just started in Oct last year.
My neighbour is an industrial Plummer and he checked the Oil pressure and adjusted the air baffle a small bit.
But said he didn’t want to mess with it and after what I’ve spent said it better to just get a new burner.
The oil tank is half full
I’ve replaced the Photo Cell
I’ve replaced the tank Fuel filter
I’ve replaced the control board
I’ve replaced the capacitor
Adjusted the electrode condition and Gap to manual recommendations.
Taken the filter of the side of the burner and cleaned.

In a last ditch effort is there any point in replacing the Solenoid? And the solenoid stem?
Otherwise I’m just going with a new one?

Back