Riddle: brothers and sisters I have none but this mans father is my fathers son.

Re: Settle an argument on a riddle

Perhaps the fellow in the photo was called Chicory. Master Chicory Tip. All together now "Son of my father. Moulded, I was folded, I was perform picked"

Actually ... it is his son ... the solpadine worked !!

The pictured guy has a father who is the son of my father 'me'. So it must be son of 'me'.
Unless it's somewhere in the deep south, in which case it's anyone's guess, up to and including the dog.

eh - no - he is looking at a photo of himself

another way.......

Pat is looking at a picture of Pat
My father is Tony
See this man in the photo Pat - his father is Tony
I am my fathers son - the man in the photo is my fathers son -so man in photo is Pat (himself)

another way.......

My father is Tony
I am my fathers son - the man in the photo is my fathers son -so man in photo is Pat (himself)

You've skipped a bit - This man's Father. It's the father of the man in the photo who is your father's son.
Code:
    This man's father = My father's son
                        My father's son = me.
==> This man's father = me
==> This man = my son

another way.......

My father is Tony
Fine - except that has nothing to do with the original riddle:

Brothers and sisters have I none,
but this man's father is my father's son.

X is the man looking at the picture.
Y is his father.
Z is the man in the picture.

Z's father is Y's son.
X is Y's only child.
So X is Z's father or Z is X's son.

But it's easier to cheat... :)

http://www.geocities.com/oosterwal/puzzle/dadsona.htm

Post crossed with Seagull's.

A= GrandFather
B =Father
C= Son

Generation is A->B->C

There is a picture of B in the photo.
This mans father = A (B's father is A)
My fathers son = B (A's son is B)

(C is down the pub skullin' pints - which is where I think I'll end up after this)...... did someone mention they had solpadine earlier !

Let's get stuck into some PRSI calculations!

Imagine if we were all drunk? We'd get hours more fun out of this. In fact - why imagine! BYE. :)

Ok Ok Ok - enough of the hard stuff, I want to chill out and relax a bit. Am just about to get stuck into a bit of quantum physics there (jeez I really look forward to Thursday nights!).... I've a little teaser there for ya though if you have 2-3 minutes to spare - before yez all go out and get wasted..... have fun...

Planets move in ellipses with the Sun at one focus. Ellipses can be described in terms of their semi-major axis, a, (basically the longest radius) and their eccentricity (basically how squashed the ellipse is: e=0 is a circle, a fully squashed ellipse looks like a line and has e=1).

r=a(1-e2)/(1+e cos()); rmin= a(1-e); rmax=a(1+e)

, the polar angle from closest approach is given the odd name: true anomaly. The timing of the motion (i.e., when the planet or electron has a particular ) is a bit complex. The game is to express the true anomaly () in terms of the eccentric anomaly (u) and then find an expression relating time and the eccentric anomaly.

Time starts now, you have 3 minutes.

wow I cant believe people have been struggling with this problem all day.

Ok Ok Ok - enough of the hard stuff, I want to chill out and relax a bit. Am just about to get stuck into a bit of quantum physics there (jeez I really look forward to Thursday nights!).... I've a little teaser there for ya though if you have 2-3 minutes to spare - before yez all go out and get wasted..... have fun...

Planets move in ellipses with the Sun at one focus. Ellipses can be described in terms of their semi-major axis, a, (basically the longest radius) and their eccentricity (basically how squashed the ellipse is: e=0 is a circle, a fully squashed ellipse looks like a line and has e=1).

, the polar angle from closest approach is given the odd name: true anomaly. The timing of the motion (i.e., when the planet or electron has a particular ) is a bit complex. The game is to express the true anomaly () in terms of the eccentric anomaly (u) and then find an expression relating time and the eccentric anomaly.

The answer is Fruit Pudding, I think you'll find.

This is the tenpenny question and Norman is in the background playing Also sprach Zarathustra by Richard Strauss in a bossa nova tempo. Stop the lights! :eek:

Back