Revolut now offering car insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't imagine anyone taking out insurance with a company you can't communicate with in an efficient and timely manner.

Brendan
How often does one typically need to communicate with an insurer over a year? In my case probably only at the time I buy the policy. I usually have a chat with them to see can they do any lower on the price or throw in something extra for the quoted total. Transferring from one car to another or adding a driver etc with most companies can be done online.

I get what you are saying re communication but there's a half dozen companies out there selling products like broadband etc that can't communicate effectively yet have huge customer bases. I can't say I ll be rushing out to buy insurance from Revolut but will probably look them up at renewal time and see where it goes.

Disruption is good in conservative markets and can lead to other providers upping their games.

In the event of having an accident, being able to communicate quickly and efficiently as often as necessary to get things sorted would be a must for me.
I'd agree it's necessary but it wouldn't put me off giving a quote from them some consideration
In theory given how regulated the insurance and financial markets an adequate and basic level of communication should be expected.

AIG are their underwriter.
Sometimes, but not always, going direct gives a lower premium.
I'd prefer to be contacting AIG than Revolut in the event of a claim or other issue.
For what it's worth, at the moment, AIG's minimum premium is €280 + 7% insurance levies=~ €300.

I can't imagine anyone taking out insurance with a company you can't communicate with in an efficient and timely manner.

Brendan
But we all have insurance with companies we can't communicate with in a timely and efficient manner.

As far as I know all other insurance brokers and companies have a phone service. You might be hanging on for a while, but you will get through.

Revolut doesn't.

Brendan

As far as I know all other insurance brokers and companies have a phone service. You might be hanging on for a while, but you will get through.

Revolut doesn't.

Brendan
Will customers not be contacting AIG directly to make claims?

They could.

But if there are any issues, I am sure that they will need to deal with Revolut who are just not contactable.

Brendan

Discussed here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back