Review of Prime Time programme on auctioneers

Probably off topic - but I notice that poor estate agent Murray (or is that Carlos...) posts a lot during normal working hours (on a late lunch myself mind you).

I guess the property market must be a bit slow at the moment.

Got to go ......... before the "cabbage" police catch up with me for mentioning the taboo subject..............

LOL !:) I'm not Carlos !

Yes the market is slow at the moment , I mentioned on a previous post that it is a buyers market at the moment,

Also, I have a few days off - hence the daytime emails !
Well spotted though !:D :p

Yes the market is slow at the moment , I mentioned on a previous post that it is a buyers market at the moment,

If EAs create phantom bids in a seller's market, should buyers do the same in a buyer's market? ("I've got a bid in below asking price on another house ... perhaps if you were willing to take a bit less for this one ...")

If EAs create phantom bids in a seller's market, should buyers do the same in a buyer's market? ("I've got a bid in below asking price on another house ... perhaps if you were willing to take a bit less for this one ...")

maybe if all the buyers in the country underbid by a couple of grand it would lower prices and create a panic

I don't think anyone here has sympathy for the EA on Prime Time.

But it is too easy to get carried away with the finger pointing , when a large number of people don't understand the business. (ie EA's work for the VENDOR only)

interesting viewpoint that but unfortunately the program also highlighted that EA's don't always work for the VENDOR as you put it.... sometimes they work for THEMSELVES only & are in cahoots with investors.

I thought it was weird when that lady ended up paying the EA who tried to stitch her up...he hid the existence of the other bidder to (probably) look after his mate or make a quick sale.
Surely she could have just dumped him and dealt with the buyers directly? They wouldn't have a leg to stand on

Back