Revenue - slow responses

shweeney

In the past I've found Revenue very responsive to queries, a rare bright spot in the general public service. However I've a query that's been "in progress" for 2 months now on ROS with no update (it's not anything complex either, a simple question) and when I tried to ring I was told I'd be waiting 16 minutes, then 16 minutes later it was still saying 16 minutes. Have they gone to pot?

Same here.

I posted a simple enough query using myAccount in early Feb - still no reply. Sitting in 'Received' status.

My, fairly straightforward, myAccount query in early March was answered/remedied in around 10 days.

I have sent enquiries on ROS, form 11 stuff and took 2 months for an answer, wasn't that important so I didn't chase it as didn't need answer until following year return. I have never got one back any quicker than the full service time they allow, 30 days? Can't remember, not for a quick query anyway! Usually have success with phone calls alright unless of course they then tell you submit it an enquiry!

Hi there,

I'm in the same boat for filing a form 12 for 2023 to get back AVCs since mid January. It's stuck with a supervisor for quite a while now and I'm getting no response by phone or email. I even had to correct their mistake as they were overestimating my refund! :(

Not impressed and thinking about taking it further - this is standard stuff and if they bothered to look back on previous tax years they would have seen similar transactions.

Best,

Opus2018

My 2022 (self-employed) personal accounts still not finalised. My accountant raised a query re: EII investment & showing clearly that a tax refund was due well over 5 months ago & long before November deadline but still has not been properly addressed let alone dealt with. A formal complaint has now issued. It’s a deeply unsatisfactory situation.

its the whole public service since covid, Working from home the explanation for most of it Id say

I'd imagine they are inundated with people with queries from people who think that they are tax advisors and not the collector general... :rolleyes:

One very good solution if you have a problem is to contact Revenue Complaints - have your facts - they are most efficient. That said as the most successful integrator of services electronically and skillfully avoiding requiring over 2.3mn to make a tax return is efficient by any standard.

Well, I got my new statement of liability yesterday so that's something. Still don't understand the delay though nor the lack of explanations.....:rolleyes:

Out of interest, are you guys PAYE only (Form 12) taxpayers, or Form 11 filers?

form 11, but the query I'm waiting on is a very basic question about PRSI. I mostly expect them to come back and say "ask DSP" but how can it take 10 weeks!

What's your question? Someone might have an answer here.
Can I pay the class S minimum of €500 via form 11 if my income for the year is below the threshold for PRSI?
This (2023) will be my final year self-employed and I'm already paying Class A again for 2024, so it's a once off.
I can add €500 to the PRSI box at the end of form 11, I just want to make sure if I do that, I get credited for it.

Can I pay the class S minimum of €500 via form 11 if my income for the year is below the threshold for PRSI?
This (2023) will be my final year self-employed and I'm already paying Class A again for 2024, so it's a once off.
I can add €500 to the PRSI box at the end of form 11, I just want to make sure if I do that, I get credited for it.
Yes you normally can but the application to do so is made to DSP. Google voluntary PRSI contributions

Back