Revenue Myaccount

ardmacha

I would like to pay the Revenue some money, having received an inheritance. I have previously done this on Myaccount without any problem. Now when I try and login on some browsers it just tells me that DOB is a required field, although I have entered it correctly. On a different browser I managed to get in with the same details. I went to File an IT38/CAT return, entered the year and my PRSI and then just got an error.
I raised a query, and got scripted nonsense in response. It implied that if I still had a problem then I should raise a technical query by selecting "My enquiry relates to - Other than above" and "More specifically - Revenue online service technical support" , but when I generate a new enquiry there are no drop down boxes to select.

I have to say that I am very disappointed by this, as I had considered the revenue one of the more competent arms of government. This does not represent an acceptable interface when an experienced user cannot get a meaningful error after multiple attempts

Has anyone any ideas?

If you can't do what you need to do via myAccount then maybe fill in the relevant form and post it to them or scan it and attach it to a myAccount message and let them figure it out.

In my experience myAccount generally works well but when things go wrong it can be a real pain. Took me about a year to get them to fix a problem whereby I could not access/modify my 2020 tax records for no obvious reason.

I had similar issues this week as well. It seems like the website is struggling under the load of tax return season and is throwing some strange intermittent errors. If it's not urgent, you might be better off waiting until November begins and the website is under less load.

Just tried myself today, and can't even log in.
I've been able to log in several times today.
In case it's relevant I don't log in using my MyGovId.
Revenue told me to stop using that to login a few years ago because there was a problem with it (with mine specifically I think - even though it works fine for other government sites).

Edit: yep, tried to login using my MyGovId and this is what I get. When this started happening Revenue told me to login the other way instead. Even though, as I say, my MyGovId works fine for other sites.

Screenshot_20221026-124432.png

I had similar issues this week as well. It seems like the website is struggling under the load of tax return season and is throwing some strange intermittent errors. If it's not urgent, you might be better off waiting until November begins and the website is under less load.
Same as myself ,I thought I was doing something wrong, now I think its a glitch with the IT38 return. Yesterday was not even able to log on to myaccount. I think all the government stuff has slowed down since covid

I've managed to get in to the IT38 form today, the first time in a dozen attempts in the course of a week. So perhaps someone has noticed the multiple errors being generated!
I now see the information required, I hope it still works when I go to type it in.

When I did it last week, it took a number of attempts to access the form, then I completed successfully, tapped the submit button at the end. Then it spent a while with the gear turning graphic only to generate some mysterious error code at the very end

I've been unable to log in the last few days, getting the dob error mentioned earlier. I phoned them yesterday and they are aware of it but it hasnt been sorted yet (for me anyway). Tried the MyGov link and that never got beyond the login in progress/spinning circles!

I've been unable to log in the last few days, getting the dob error mentioned earlier. I phoned them yesterday and they are aware of it but it hasnt been sorted yet (for me anyway). Tried the MyGov link and that never got beyond the login in progress/spinning circles!
Can you try from a different device or different browser. Maybe the config on your current laptop / phone is part of the issue. That's what I would do as a start.

Thanks guys, tried on another device and it worked fine. Bizarre as I could access it last weekend on my laptop. Peejay when do I press CTRL and F5?

Try using a new Private/Incognito page when starting off. F5 refreshes current page, Ctrl F5 gets the latest version of the page apparently (if you trust software engineers).

Things are not working quite as they should be, this has appeared on the website. My late night habits did not suit, although websites are supposed to work 24/7.
--------------------------
Note:

Due to a technical issue, the Form IT38 can only be filed between:

08:00 and 19:00 Monday to Friday

or

08:00 and 16:00 Saturday and Bank Holiday Monday only.

A Form IT38 can still be completed and saved using ROS offline as normal. However, the offline IT38 Forms can only be submitted during the hours stated above.

Back