Revenue-leaving date with previous employer

bonzos

Hi everyone, just looking for some advise regarding an income tax query. I finish with my previous employer at the end of Feb and started with my new one the following week in March this year. I noticed I seemed to be paying more tax than I expected and sent a copy of my pay slips the an accountant who looks after our annual tax return etc... it appears my previous employer did not register/update my finishing date with revenue (I asked and emailed for this to be done before I left as other staff who left the company experienced similar problems) however it was never updated. I've tried to contact and even emailed the MD but got no response. My accountant mentioned that this info has to be updated by my previous employer, I cant contact revenue myself and correct it? any advise on how to resolve this issue if my previous company refuse to help.

You can do it yourself. As you have an accountant I assume you are registered for ROS, rather than MyAccount. Your accountant could also do it, assuming they are registered as your Income Tax agent.

You can do it yourself. As you have an accountant I assume you are registered for ROS, rather than MyAccount. Your accountant could also do it, assuming they are registered as your Income Tax agent.
Thanks Towger, can I simply phone revenue and advise them of my finishing date or will I need to provide more info like pay slips etc..(is it difficult to get through to revenue on the phone)

Thanks Towger, can I simply phone revenue and advise them of my finishing date or will I need to provide more info like pay slips etc..(is it difficult to get through to revenue on the phone)
Yes. However, Revenue do not want to talk to you on the phone, so it can be hard to get through. Their preference is you log on to MyAccount/ROS and enter the date you left the employment yourself.

Back