Retrieving deleted emails from Microsoft Outlook

Ris

Does anyone know if there is a way of retrieving deleted emails? The system I use is Microsoft Outlook and is on a small business server. Im trying to get a couple of emails which were inadvertently deleted last year....

It will depend on the server settings, in the client there is a Recover Deleted Items option under Tools but the server settings determine how long emails are kept for, so if the server only keeps emails for 72 hours for example then they are not available to recover through a client after 72 hours.

Thanks for your response. I will check this out on the server but it seems unlikely I will be able to get emails from last year in any event! Thanks again

Thanks for your response. I will check this out on the server but it seems unlikely I will be able to get emails from last year in any event! Thanks again

I would think its unlikely, most servers would have some kind of default on how long they keep stuff for as you can run out of memory pretty easily if its not housekept regularly.

Back