Restaurant Recommendation - Naas

Mers1

I am looking for a good recommendation for a restaurant in Naas. It has been a while since I've eaten out and to be honest any of "ye ole reliables" have allegedly gone downhill. Not fussy on type of food. Just a good recommendation would be great.

Thanks a million.

I havent been, but have heard that Vie de Chateaux is nice.

[broken link removed]

I havent been, but have heard that Vie de Chateaux is nice.

[broken link removed]

Been there a couple of times. Now as restaurants go, it isnt too bad, but on one visit the service was slow, now the food isnt bad etc, but in my opinion is it also value for money/reasonable? A bit on the steep side. Though my partner was there for their xmas lunch special and said its was great for the overall cost etc.

But if you havent been, it would be worth a try just so you can gage your own opinion.

Storehouse? Also think the place above kavanangh's also also closed?

S.

Been there a couple of times. Now as restaurants go, it isnt too bad, but on one visit the service was slow, now the food isnt bad etc, but in my opinion is it also value for money/reasonable? A bit on the steep side. Though my partner was there for their xmas lunch special and said its was great for the overall cost etc.

But if you havent been, it would be worth a try just so you can gage your own opinion.

Storehouse? Also think the place above kavanangh's also also closed?

S.

I would agree on the main with the above post - it is a bit expensive for what you get TBH
Ive been to the store house a couple of times and the food/service/ambiance is great value for money.
Another you could try is Le Primivera at the top of the town - very reasonable and food (italien) is very good.
The Indian upstairs from Lifestyle sports is excellent if you like your Indian.

Thanks all..

Ended up in the once again reinvented restaurant in the Johnstown Inn (JuJu), to be honest we would possibly have had a nicer meal if we had stayed in the bar area. Maybe only teething problems as it only just re-opened on Oct 3rd.

I don't rate the Johnstown Inn at all. I went to it last year and it was awful. Two weeks ago I went in took one look at the food and walked back out, ended up in Indie Spice in Naas (v. nice for Indian)

Two places that I can definitely recommend out that neck of the woods.
The Ballymore Inn in Ballymore Eustace and The Hanged Man in Milltown.

I would also recommend LaPrimavera. It's a bit less Italian than it used to be but the food and service are good as well as being a good value for money. We seem to go there all the time.

Storehouse used to be my favourite but they've gone a bit downhill in my opinion. I still like the ambience of it though.

We popped into The Gourmet Burger last week (where Pasta Fresca used to be on the Main Street) and it was quick and good but a bit on a pricey side. I'll go back though.

We popped into The Gourmet Burger last week (where Pasta Fresca used to be on the Main Street) and it was quick and good but a bit on a pricey side. I'll go back though.

Yea - went in myself on opening night and although I did find the burgers tasty- a big gripe - the chips werent proper chips like you would get in the other gourmet burgers dotted around. They were the frozen type and a big let down if your paying 50 euro for 2 burgers, 2 chips and 2 drinks.

La Primavera seems to be getting good press lately must give it a try. I agree with the Storehouse, it had been going downhill but I had hoped that maybe it was back on track again....:(Pity cause I really love the building and atmosphere there.

Don't forget Butt Mullins, very enjoyable, good food, good service and very comfortable. It's on the left as you go in from Dublin, just around the corner from "Lawlors". Used to go to the Storehouse quite often but they were very dismissive of a legitimate complaint when we were there for a family occasion. The duck was dried out and hard as a board but the response was basically that no one else had complained! Not good enough at all, but at least it was the last time we had to put up with that kind of reaction because now when we're in Naas, we go to Butt Mullins instead!!!

Don't forget Butt Mullins, very enjoyable, good food, good service and very comfortable. It's on the left as you go in from Dublin, just around the corner from "Lawlors". Used to go to the Storehouse quite often but they were very dismissive of a legitimate complaint when we were there for a family occasion. The duck was dried out and hard as a board but the response was basically that no one else had complained! Not good enough at all, but at least it was the last time we had to put up with that kind of reaction because now when we're in Naas, we go to Butt Mullins instead!!!

again, just one's opinion and experience, but I'd describe butt mullins as uninspiring. Of course I haven't been in there for a few years and it may well have improved (hopefully)

S.

I live in Naas and have tried nearly every restaurant in the town, Storehouse is overpriced and agree has started to slip down hill, La Primavera had 2 bad meals and never been back! Butt Mullins nothing to write home about! havent tried the new on Gormet Burger yet! But my top Restaurants to go to in Naas is always Indie Spice, its has fantasic food, friendly staff, and great atmostphere. I think its a fav with everyone, also there is The Weeping Thai which also has Great food and good service and never failed to disapoint!

Update,

Had the chance to try the newish tapas place out the back of kavanaghs. I think its called La Tasca?

Anyhow, we had a enjoyable evening, its not an out and out restaurant for fine dinning, but if you are looking to mix the drink and food it was a nice alternative. The food was grand, some nice small dishes and enough to keep the hunger pains away and it was a long time ago that we downed 2 bottles of wine!!

Overall a nice combination for a relaxed, less formal environment, though the premises is on the small side. The hostess was nice and open to customer feedback etc...Hope its survives these trying times...

S.

No it doesnt take booking (as far as I recall) and yes its at the back, I think you can go straight through from the pub. Its where the off-license use to be....

S.

Excellent - thanks a million. I had heard of a tapas bar in Naas but was unsure of its location and then went past one evening in the car so wasn't 100%

Back