Restaurant New York

burger1979

Hi folks,

going to NY next week and am looking for a restaurant recommendation for a pre theatre dinner around broadway? going to see the lion king and wanted to treat the wife to dinner before hand. can someone recommend a good restaurant?? not looking for something too fancy but nothing middle of the road either. its part of her b-day pressie.

thanks, burger

We went to Ben & Jacks, famous steak restaurant, yummy, about 10minute walk from Broadway, it is a bit pricey (white table cloths) but you do get what you pay for, we got one sirloin & one fillet steak with crispy onion rings, chips, crisps and mushrooms (think some are complementary), a really good bottle of red, came to €120. You do not need starter or dessert, the meal is huge, promise. The wine was €40 but I swear, highlight of our trip, mmmmmmm! Staff were fabulous. No snotty noses anywhere.

Sorry big boo boo with the above, I meant to use Dollar signs instead of Euros so it was $120 in total. Oops!

We went to Rosie O'Gradys one night in New York. I know the name sounds like it might be an awful Irish bar but it's not! It was really nice and you can wait in a bar area while waiting for a table to become free.

In fairness you will have lots of options to choose from. Enjoy NY!

I can't think of the the name of it but there is a revolving restaurant in a very high building in Times Square - I'm sure someone will give the name shortly.
It's a nice place to go, amazing views and the novelty factor of changing scenery as you eat your dinner.

also if anyone has any romantic ideas for wowing women in NY please do tell. thanks burger
It takes a lot to wow those NY Gals, you'd be better off bringing an Irish one with ya - much easier to wow:D

Horse and carriage ride through central park was one of the things I really loved.

Back