Restaurant in Dublin 2

Firefly

Hiya.
Heading to the big shmoke this weekend and looking for somewhere nice for dinner. Have been the Patrick Gilbauds, Peploes, La Mer Zou, Town Bar & Grill in the past so looking for somewhere new. Apart from Shanahan's, can anyone receommend somewhere good? Is it true Corrigan has left Bentleys as that would have been my first choice.
Thanks,
F.

Bang Cafe on Merrion Row, its newly reopened? Pig's Ear on Nassau St

Thorntons in the Fitzwilliam Hotel or Chapter One Parnell Square if you want to splash out.

Had the early evening ( 7-9ish) menu for 50euro a head, 3 course in L'Ecrivian also recently and it was good. Service and ambiance top notch as well as food.

Thanks for the additional replies, should have mentioned that i've eaten in L'Ecrivian and Chapter One also. Haven't been to Thornton's hmm.

Anyone been to Cliff House since they took over from Bentleys? Looks pretty good and near our favourite watering holes :D

Can anyone recommend a bar that does good cocktails in that area? Mad for porter myself but Mrs Firefly wants something a little sophisticated before dinner.

This place does cocktails and it isnt too far to walk. Not my kind of bar but it might be what you're looking for.

[broken link removed]

You can do both ok in Cafe en seinne, dawson st. Not everyones favorite, but if you can get a nice seat its good early on before the crowds come in .. ie pre meal time.

Capitol Bar on corner of Stephen's Street/George's St does cocktails. Usually the doormen are complete ar$es but if you're with Mrs Firefly they will wave you on with a smile

Can anyone recommend a bar that does good cocktails in that area? Mad for porter myself but Mrs Firefly wants something a little sophisticated before dinner.

Cocktails (and stout) downstairs in the Fitzwilliam Hotel bar then upstairs to Thorntons for dinner. Sorted.

Mint Bar in the Weston Hotel (Westmoreland St) do great cocktails, you could please the missus there then pop into the Porterhouse at the bottom of Grafton St for a couple of pints of Wrasslers which is a delicious stout (actually you could do both in the Porterhouse, their cocktails are pretty good especially their mojitos) then head back towards the Green.

Back