Resigning from job, illness benefit query

Michelle Kelly

I am currently two weeks into my notice period having resigned from work, and unfortunately with a back injury I am now out sick going on illness benefit. When my notice period ends in a few weeks time will the illness benefit also stop? As this is going to delay me getting a new job for an unknown period of time. I tried searching on citizens advice information but could not find the answers. I have to leave my job due to stressful circumstances at work, staying is not an option. Thanks for your help

Hi Michelle,

Just to clarify - whilst on your notice period you injured your back and are now off work with the back injury (but still on your notice period as well) - is this correct?

Im not sure of the answer to your question. Perhaps if you phone the revenue they will tell you?

Payment of Illness Benefit is not linked to your remaining in work - it will continue to be paid while you send in medical certificates.

Illness Benefit is paid by Dept of Social Protection, not sure what Revenue have to do with it.

Back