Resigned company director still has 40 or the original 100 shares

Mizen

If having resigned as one of the 2 directors of a Limited Company and been replaced, has my 40 of the original 100 shares gone to the new director or do I still own them.

Is there anything I should be doing to protect my shares in a legal or accounting way

Many thanks

You still own the shares in the company. A shareholder and a director are two completely different things.

The company should have a register of the shareholders so you could view this to confirm that you still own 40% of the company.

Thanks for that.

There have been no new documents issued to the best of my knowledge and I have my share certificate. If there were to be changes made, is there anywhere on line or an office I can call to find out ?

Many thanks

www.cro.ie go to online services, company searches. You can view lists of documents filed free and you can get copies of any documents there for about €2.50 per document.

A transfer of shares document (stock transfer form) must be lodged with Revenue (Dublin Castle). The transfer is then shown on the next annual return filed with the CRO.

If a transfer has happened, Revenue is who you should get onto. AFAIK they dont keep any records online.

Can a transfer of shares document be lodged without my knowledge do you know.

Many thanks

The transferor and transferee must sign the [broken link removed].

The company must keep a register of shareholders too and this should be kept at the registered office or at an office that has been declared to the CRO. Your shares cannot be transfered without your consent.

I would strongly encourage OP to consult the memorandum and articles of association of the company of which he was formerly a director.

Only these documents, specific to that company, can detail the rules governing the issuing, ownership, valuation, associated rights and disposition of a shareholding in the company. In the absence of information detailed in the the memorandum and articles of association, commentary here should be treated as speculative rather than definitive.

thanks I did and there is nothing alarming that I can understand to be alarming anyway in the A&M

Back