Researching share price fluctuations

reset5

Hi everyone,
Of late i've become interested in buying shares on the stock exchange and have been doing some research on various companies. There are loads of websites that will provide a graphing function to show the price for the last 5/10 years or whatever, but I was wondering does anyone know where I could get some info on why a price moved - i.e. a bit of commentary. Certain companies, eg Elan c.2001 just plummet almost overnight, and I have tried searching for news articles but it's a bit hit and miss. Obviously there are a multitude of factors affecting share prices, but I'm just looking for explanations for dramatic moves.
All the best
Ger

You should get out the movie 'Pi' which is about a guy who tries to figure out the whys and why nots of share price fluctuations...a very sobering movie but well worth a look, albeit horrific at times!

Unfortunately you will have to just do the research on the particular companies from the net or wherever else you can get information.
Word of warning- the net is full of information but it's up to you to read betw the lines. For instance if someone on a board is exuberant about a stock, it's up to you to establish why they are exuberant! (that goes for analysts too).
N

Back