Reporting to CCR

Carfos

Hi there,

I have a query in relation to banks reporting to CCR. I had an unauthorised overdraft back in 2007. My business went under with the crash and the bank brought me to court and was awarded a judgement for 3k on my house in 2011. This never showed on the ICB report at the time but it is now showing on CCR. It states written off March 2019. I paid it off once I had the money in 2021 but the CCR was never updated and still says written off. I have made a complaint to the bank and they keep coming back saying they are looking into it but this is going on 6 months now. I have recently read that judgments should not be reported to the CCR is this correct or have I read it wrong? Any advice would be appreciated as it is stopping me from getting a mortgage.

Last edited:
Hi Carfos.
You can request all the information that the bank holds on you in it's files under a data protection request.
Details about how to do it are down below from the Data protection website.
This is mentioned before on AAM as a way of dealing with cases similar to this. I am not sure how effective it is.
The bank or organisation is under an obligation to send you all of the details it has on file for you within a certain time frame.
If there are mistakes in the data that they hold on you you can ask them to amend the data.
You will probably have a lot of data yourself on your own case - bank statements etc. and you can compare what is on file to what you have to look for mistakes in their records.

How do I request access to my details?​

To request access to your details, send a letter or email to the organisation or person holding your personal details and ask them for a copy of this information. The details should be easy to understand and you should receive them within 40 days of your request. You may have to pay a small fee, but this cannot be higher than €6.35.

In your request you should:

• give any details that will help the person to identify you and find your data – for example a customer account number, any previous address or your date of birth; and
  • be clear about which details you are looking for if you only want certain information. This will help the organisation or person respond more quickly.
Some sample wording appears below as a guide.

Dear Data Protection Officer,
Under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, I wish to make an access request for a copy of any information you keep about me, on computer or in manual form.
[My customer account number is ...]
[My date of birth is...]

[My previous address was....]

Yours faithfully,
[Name]

Back