report taxi driver to carriage office?

msmyth

As I was driving in to work this afternoon, a taxi- driver reversed right up alongside the front of my car while we were both waiting at a set of lights. You could hear that terrible paint being scraped off kind of noise and he only stopped driving when I started beeping him. Our cars ended up pretty much wedged together and I was sure he must have scrapped the paint off my car. However this charming and considerate driver took off before I could get out of the car to check. Thankfully (and miraculously) there's only a very slight mark on the bumper of the car.

So, the question is, will I bother ringing the carriage office to report him? I have his plate and license number. I don't want any money out of him to fix the mark or anything- it's his appaling driving ability/lack of consideration that bothers me. So any opinions as to whether I should bother reporting him or not?

Last edited:
Re: taxi driver

report him. doesnt matter youre not looking for money - carraige office wouldnt help you get that anyway! he should be reported for appalling driving.

well i can understand your point, yes report him if you have the reg and plate number
clubman- you always have to have your say!!

Yes, do - he shouldnt be on the road, never mind driving a taxi if he drives like that!
What is a child was crossing between cars.

If you were to switch roles, would he report you? I think he would. Report him!

Report him to both the carriage office and the gardai. He's essentially left the scene of an accident.

Taxi Regulator [broken link removed] is now handing complaints and the gardai about the dangerous driving.

Perhaps the original poster could let us know if she reported the taxi driver in question and what happened?

Back