Replacing under-cabinet lighting

Salvadore

I have a set of 6 cabinet/under cabinet lights (recessed puck style) that were installed with the kitchen about 14 years ago. They’re hardwired, with a regular switch on the wall. No visible wiring.

Over the years, they’ve individually deteriorated, sometimes needing a small tap to come to life. Almost one by one, they’ve ceased to work completely. The final two have now given up the ghost completely. It’s not a bulb issue.

Can anyone advise whether it’s just a wear and tear issue or whether the symptoms are indicative of a more fundamental problem (e.g. dodgy wiring)?

The bulbs are the old two pinned type. I’d like to replace them with a led equivalent like this

If the bulbs are fine and a tap makes a difference then loose wiring or a loose connection in the fitting is a likely cause.

I have a set of 6 cabinet/under cabinet lights (recessed puck style) that were installed with the kitchen about 14 years ago. They’re hardwired, with a regular switch on the wall. No visible wiring.

Over the years, they’ve individually deteriorated, sometimes needing a small tap to come to life. Almost one by one, they’ve ceased to work completely. The final two have now given up the ghost completely. It’s not a bulb issue.

Can anyone advise whether it’s just a wear and tear issue or whether the symptoms are indicative of a more fundamental problem (e.g. dodgy wiring)?

The bulbs are the old two pinned type. I’d like to replace them with a led equivalent like this

The bulbs you currently have are now obsolete. I had the same problem last year and had difficultly sourcing old stock to replace them.

Back