Replacing heating controls - any advice

Quote came for 1000. I assume this does not include the SEI bit.

Very happy, looking forward to a cosy winter!

Its done now and its great. I love the new programmer!

Just waiting for the SEI money to come rolling in!

We just got a nasty Electricity bill too, so hopefully these will be less now that the hot water is gas heated.

Just an update.
Got the money back form SEI with 4 weeks.
The heating is massively improved.
1. Water is being heated by gas, this should be much cheaper.
2. We turned down the temperature of the water, now its just hot enough to wash your hands, no more scalding immersion water.
3. The rads are hotter because only half of them ore on at a time (because of the zones).
4. Its so easy to put the heating or water on for a bit more with the boost button, no more reprogramming the heating for one night and ending up baked the next night. We have the heating set to come on at a lowish level and can boost it to be warmer with one touch.
5. House is warm, not alternating baking and freezing.
6. Digital thermostats are very accurate, no more bobbing on and off for the boiler as the thermostat goes on and off.
7. Saving a fortune by only heating downstairs at this stage of the year. Upstairs just does not start getting cold until December.

Very happy customer. I'd recommend anyone to get this done.

2. We turned down the temperature of the water, now its just hot enough to wash your hands, no more scalding immersion water.

You should note doing this that if the water does not reach 60 deg C you run the risk of legionella growing in the Hot water tank. Really you should heat the tank to 60 and just set it for a short time each day.

As for the rest of your post I could not agree more, I am always amazed at the number of houses that have a simple on off heating system!

Gtec

just wondering how you got on with the job, I found it difficult to get an sei contractor to price the job as all of the work was electrical, my house is only 5 years old and is set up for boiler control change. cork city

Back