Replacement needed for Sharp Aquos TV

W200

Hi.

Our Sharp Aquos 37" TV expired recently after about fifteen years of loyal service . I asked the TV tech who diagnosed the death what he would suggest as a suitable replacement and he replied that I " couldnt go wrong " with the 43" Samsung . Having had a reliable tv for many years I am not up to speed on modern technology and what I might need for good quality picture . I had a look at the Samsung and reviews are generally good but I am confused as there are many models of 43" with different specs . We generally watch mainstream TV via a Skybox with probably a leaning towards live sport and definitely no gaming . My budget is about €500. So basically can you suggest which model would best suit my needs.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

The 43AU9070 comes in around €500, gets good reviews and includes a satellite tuner and USB recording in case you ever want to ditch the Sky subscription.

I've had a samsung for about 8 years now with no issue. Got my parents to buy an LG because the price was reasonable and twice the panel went on it within 3 years! Replaced it with a samsung a few months ago. Lots to be got around the 500 mark.

+1 for the Samsung.

I had a very bad experience with an LG TV that lasted 4 days and neither LG nor Powercity would replace or do anything for me so I have to say steer well clear of them both for reliability and customer service.

Back