Repairing an induction hob

eggerb

I have a 3 year old De Dietrich induction hob that has stopped working on one side. Has anybody ever had one repaired? I've searched other forums and there seems to be a lot of mention that parts are very expensive. Again I get the technician out and the part ordered I am probably looking at a couple of hundred euro. I'm half thinking I might just buy a new one. Does anybody have experience of having one repaired?

Phone the agents and tell them whats wrong ,it may only be something small like a switch get them to give you an estimate over the phone I would make the point to them that 3 years is very short for such an expensive product to break down

Dont ask for an estimate to repair. Ask the original supplier to replace or repair. If they are not forthcoming or start mentioning the 12 month warranty is up, then mention the "sale of goods act, 1980". A claim under this act supersedes any imposed warrantly term within reason.

An item is expected to be durable as one would reasonably expect. 3 years for an induction hob is not reasonable.

I've had many items replaced this way, normally beyond their original warrany term.

Back