Reorganising direct-debits on my current account

laoisfan

Hi,

I have several direct debits which could out of my account at various times over the month.

I would like all of those direct debits to come out either the week I am paid i.e. 25th or else the first week of the following month i.e. from the 1st.

I know some companies will say they have different billing cycles for each customers, probably due to the volume of customers they have. Fair enough.

Is it possible for me, either through my bank or contacting each company, to organize for the direct debit to be taken out at a specific time of the month? I realize that if I was to change the date of the DD that the next amount may be higher.

Please advise? If I was able to have all direct debits come out over a specific week then it would make it easier for me to budget. I get paid monthly.

Thanks!

It would require cooperation from all the various billers.

I know that Sky are obliging in such requests. ESB etc may not be so friendly to such requests.

I rang up to do this once for one of my DD's - it was bang in the middle of the month and a bit awkward. I was told that in order to have the date changed, I would need to forward on 1 months payment in advance and they would then re-arrange the date of the DD.

Back