Renting apartment in Dublin city- Is there none?

The guy is a professional working in financial services but can't manage to find himself a place to live without his mammy's friend's help? Strange...

I use to work in recruitment and use to hate when the mammies rang looking for jobs for their sons. We coined the phrase some sons do have 'em.

One guy who was working in the UK sent his application in late twice, another application was lost in the post.

He finally got an interview but missed his flight.

His mother always blamed me. Why was I so strict with deadlines? Did I not realise he was working hard everyday.

Who exactly lost her son's application form, because An Post didn't have it so I must have mislaid it.

Why couldn't the interview board reconvene another day?

Tell that to those on "internships".

I was going to include that in parentheses but thought no-one could be that pedantic, I guessed wrong ;)

OP if he's working in Harcourt Street then anywhere on the Luas Green line would be good maybe Milltown or Dundrum? Though he could also check Terenure/Harolds X/Templeogue as their bus routes go near to Harcourt St.

I have this theory..............

A lot of them have never had to do anything for themselves, they just don't get that, someone else ( usually Mummy) has always done everything. I see it with younger colleagues all the time. As an older member of the profession, I have no problem helping out or assisting any of my colleagues but I absolutely draw the line at doing their work for them! I can still recall a colleague being somewhat miffed that I would not draft something for them ( it was their function, for their client etc.,etc) and when I asked why should I, they explained that since I already knew what I was doing that it would make life a great deal easier for all concerned! Primarily themselves.

mf

I cant imagine that the OP would now want to have anything to do with this thread following some of the preceding off-topic comments.

Maybe AAM should put in the guidelines that no adult should seek help for their (or friends) offspring.

Back