Renting a sports car for a weekend?

marwal

Hi folks, does anyone know if there is any ehere in ireland where you can hire a sports cars (porsche...etc)for a weekend . thinking of it as a present for someone whos enjoys cars mags,top gear .....etc.

[SIZE=-1]Isn't google (and other search engines) amazing. This is what I got after typing in the search terms in blue : Results 1 - 10 of about 310,000 for [broken link removed] [broken link removed] [broken link removed]. (0.15 seconds)
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Isn't google (and other search engines) amazing. This is what I got after typing in the search terms in blue : Results 1 - 10 of about 310,000 for [broken link removed] [broken link removed] [broken link removed]. (0.15 seconds)
[/SIZE]
Well done Mathepac. 0 - 60 in 0.15 secs!;)

Maybe the OP was actually looking to hear from someone who had actually done it or heard about a certain companies reputation when he asked the question, rather than get a reply just telling him to use Google.

The purpose of forums like this are for people to share information, ideas and opinions. Unfortunately many are now using them to give smart Alec replies to make OPs sound silly. I say if you have nothing constructive to say then say nowt.

Maybe the OP was actually looking to hear from someone who had actually done it or heard about a certain companies reputation when he asked the question, rather than get a reply just telling him to use Google....
Maybe and maybe he is a she.
...The purpose of forums like this are for people to share information, ideas and opinions. Unfortunately many are now using them to give smart Alec replies to make OPs sound silly...
And where that (in bold) has happened I understand that the moderators have taken appropriate actions.

If you believe any post in this thread falls into this category, feel free to draw it to the moderators' attention.
... I say if you have nothing constructive to say then say nowt.
And I look forward to everyone taking that advice.

I composed a search, ran it and posted the results here before responding, which I hope OP and others found useful.

I have used [broken link removed] and found them to be good.

The only downside was that I could not pay by credit card online and had to post a cheque to the company.

Hope this helps.

Jeez its not exactly cheap is it.. €1950 for a 911 for a weekend!!! You'd be nearly better buying one for a few weeks and then selling it again! Not criticising the company itself as I know the costs in Ireland ar ridiculous but coulnd't see myself paying that much! Plus you have to organise your own insurance - I assume you would have to pay a premium to transfer your insurance from your Mondeo-esque car to a 911 for a weekend ?

Maybe and maybe he is a she.

And where that (in bold) has happened I understand that the moderators have taken appropriate actions.

If you believe any post in this thread falls into this category, feel free to draw it to the moderators' attention.

And I look forward to everyone taking that advice.

I composed a search, ran it and posted the results here before responding, which I hope OP and others found useful.

Actually, youre search criteria were quite useless.

Mathepac

I agree with RTCF and Dtlyn that just telling fellow posters to go and google is a little patronising and generally not very helpful. However perhaps the OP will be a little bit more specific with future thread starter posts.

and before anyone reprimands me I apologise for posting off topic

Not particularly useful, as most of the search results were for the well known car rental companies, of which some consider a peugeot 206 convertable a 'sports car'.

Hi folks, does anyone know if there is any ehere in ireland where you can hire a sports cars (porsche...etc)for a weekend . thinking of it as a present for someone whos enjoys cars mags,top gear .....etc.
Go to one of the garages say you are interested in buying one and you want a test drive for the weekend. Its fairly common to lend out high value cars for a weekend to potential purchasers

Go to one of the garages say you are interested in buying one and you want a test drive for the weekend. Its fairly common to lend out high value cars for a weekend to potential purchasers

So as a present for a friend or loved one you recommend that they go and spoof their local Porsche dealer out of a car for a weekend --

GREAT Prezzie

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez its not exactly cheap is it.. €1950 for a 911 for a weekend!!! You'd be nearly better buying one for a few weeks and then selling it again! Not criticising the company itself as I know the costs in Ireland ar ridiculous but coulnd't see myself paying that much! Plus you have to organise your own insurance - I assume you would have to pay a premium to transfer your insurance from your Mondeo-esque car to a 911 for a weekend ?

For that sort of money, I'd be inclined to throw in a couple of Ryanair tickets to the UK and arrange it there - these packages are a lot cheaper over there.

Not sure if there would be insurance or residence issues, but it's worth exploring.

If you had been in London a couple of months ago you could have done a deal with one of the Wannabe apprentices :D

For that sort of money, I'd be inclined to throw in a couple of Ryanair tickets to the UK and arrange it there - these packages are a lot cheaper over there.

The package that link refers to is 150 euro for an HOUR...

Back