Rental house not selling- no renters

ninsaga

SO house is not renting and no one is buying.... can I hand the house back to the bank. What needs to happen for this to come about

The quick answer is no. It's not just a matter of handing the keys back. You need to talk to your bank and see if they will negotiate the conversion of any negative equity to a personal debt.

Lower your rental asking price?

You may have to accept that you will have to put money to it to make up the mortgage.

Rental price may be the problem, too high and you get no phone calls, where have you advertised the house for rent, that may also be a factor

Was in a one bed apartment today where my friends renters moved out as found a three bed house for same money!!!! She offered them a much lower rent price but they wanted the space the new place would afford them.

SO house is not renting and no one is buying.... can I hand the house back to the bank. What needs to happen for this to come about

Very difficult to say based on such scant details. Do you have other assets, a job etc?

We move because the LL wanted things both ways, to rent the house and have it on the market with people coming to view it, a very insecure situation

Back