Rent week-on week-off in Dublin?

S

stylejunkie

I am trying to rent week on week off in Dublin and I'm wondering where to look for such accomodation. I'll looked on Daft etc but it doesn't cover this. I'm working nights as a nurse and I'm just looking to rent a room in a house for the weeks I'm in Dublin. I live down the country and have a mortgage so I'm trying to save money by not paying a full months rent when I don't need it.

Any help in how I could go about looking into this would be appreciated.

If you work in a hospital, do they have accommodation? I know of someone who used to work part-time in Dublin although her home was on the other side of the country. During her working days/nights, she stayed in the nurses' quarters at the hospital.

This was a few years ago, so maybe the quarters don't exist any more.

Thanks for the quick reply, there is accommodation and it's fine for awhile but for the long term I would prefer my own room.

you should put up a "wanted" advert in Daft. You might find someone who would be willing to rent their spare room for every second week. It might suit some people more than a 24/7 renter.

maybe try airbnb? Might be able to make an arrangement for lower rate - given that it's something your looking for on an ongoing basis.

My mother in law operates a B&B in the Galway. She has taken in a lodger every other week on a room only basis for 2 or 3 nights per week who was doing a night course in Galway. The lodger got a good deal, was able to leave personal stuff in a suit case at the house, and had her own key. It was a win-win situation for both parties.

The deal breaker was that she paid in advance from day one and it was a she stayed for around 70 nights a year for 2 years.

You should ring a few B&Bs. Make sure you offer to pay in advance.

Back