rent book..........where to get one

jigsaw

hey everyone, i just rented my apartment out and need to get my hands on a rent book for my tennants, does anybody know where i can get one? i know the IPOA do them but you have to be a member which costs 100 euros. does anybody know if eason sell them or can you suggest somewhere else that sells them

thanks in advance

Easons or any decent stationer should stock them. They cost approx €12 for a small blue book. Very handy.

Hi,

I use a rent book which I buy in a local newsagent for €1.95. I think it is published by Threshold. It has all the relevant information for Irish tenancies and you can fill in the blanks yourself with specifics.

Last edited:
You can get a rent book from Kings the law stationery shop on King street bottom of Capel st. For about 3 euros, they also sell lease agreements too. I could never get them from eastons.

Yes you do, however if you are totally legit ie pay your taxes, look after your tenant and property and adhere to PRTB regulations then I'd hardly think that soemone woudl come chasing you because you didn't have a rent book in place.

I think a statement of payments posted/handed to your tenant every quarter or so would be sufficient.

I think this rule of rent books needs to be updated to reflect electronic transfers and tenancy agrrements/contracts. Why do you need to have details on a rent book if you have a contract in place with all these details anyway?

Back