Rent allowance suspended

cizzy

Hi all,

My CWO has suspended my rent allowance because i can't provide bank statements showing the €25 a week maintenance i recieve. I only have a postbank account and my ex can't lodge the money through just any post office like you can with the bank. I have already explained this to her but she is still insisting on seeing the statements. My ex sees his daughter every few weeks ( we live on opposite sides of the country ) and he gives me the money then or if i am really stuck he will send me a postal order. I only just started gettting my rent allowance a few weeks ago after weeks and weeks delay as it is so i am in arrears with my landlord as it is.

I have contacted the appeals number but the answering machine tells you that it could be 4-5 weeks for a reply. I am heading back down to the CWO in the morning and was hoping that someone on here can give me some advice, maybe someone who has been in this situation themselves. My landlord will evict me if there are any further delays in rent payment. I have a five year old daughter who has just started school close by and i really am at the end of my tether.

Any replies very gratefully appreciated. I am desperate now.

Hi,
We had a sort of similar situation 3 weeks ago where we were receiving mortgage interest supplement and the CWO suspended it. I wrote a letter immediately appealing the decision and forwarded a copy to the CWO who suspended our claim for him to forward onto the Superintendent CWO. To cut a long story short I got the claim reinstated but it took about 3 weeks. If you PM me your email addy I will send you a copy of the letter minus my details!! if it's any help.

Hi Dirac,

Thanks for your reply. I have sent my e-mail address to you there, appreciate your help.

Back