Rent a room

jonny330

I recently purchased a property in Lucan and I am going to rent out one of my rooms. I am wondering if anybody knows if there is much demand for renting in this area and how much money can you expect to get?

check daft.ie to see what are the general prices for rooms in Lucan.

Typically you would pay 390-ish for a double room, maybe 400 or a bit more for an ensuite room, and low 300's for a single room.

What's the demand like?

Just been on daft.ie and I notice that alot of people specifically request "no couples" anyone know why that is?

Demand is not very big, there seems to be lots of choice\supply to cater for the demand that is there.

I remember I found it very easy to rent a room in Lucan 3 years ago, was offered 3 or 4 places having viewed only 5-6 places.

Not sure about couples, I suppose people renting out just dont want to have couples because it can be awkard....when they argue, when they want to have a cosy night in, when the sound proofing between bedrooms is not so good :eek:

renting to couples is renting to 2 people and not 1, you will be outnumbered by your tenants and may be left to feel uncomfortable in your own place.

Back