Renewal time - alternatives to NET MOST 500 ?

Ihana

My health insurance policy is just coming up for renewal. Its the net most 500 with added maternity and family options. I am 36.

Husband (39) has just let his policy lapse with laya, I cant remember which one it is but he was paying around the same and we are going to go with the one provider from now on for handiness. We will take out a new policy before the 13 week period has elapsed. We would be happy to switch provider but maintenance of maternity benefits is important.

I am expecting twins in december and am under private antenatal care.

We would be happy with a lower excess now as my income will also be lower next year.

Any suggestions?

Ihana,

The following 2 plans are similar in price and cover with a lower 300 excess on admission to private hospitals.
This excess does not apply to any public or maternity hospitals so it won't affect your admission in December.
Maternity cover is the same as before - Enhanced Maternity package etc.

Your newborns can be added for free within 13 weeks of birth until your next renewal date.
After that, Glohealth have free cover for under 3s on a range of plans.

1. Glohealth Net More 300; price 860;
2. Glohealth Net Most 300; price 926;

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks snowyb. Just realised husband had Aviva Family Value plus, so the Net MOST would probably be a downgrade in his cover. But I think we might stick with it anyway. Just a bit nervous about cardio issues in his family (although he is fine so far)

There are a few more options with cardiac cover to consider 2 with Glohealth and 2 with Laya Healthcare, for your husband.

Glohealth
1. Net More 300 with Extra Cardiac; price 1085pa; selected list of public and private hospitals covered, 300 private excess, Beacon hospital cardiac
cover.
2. Net Most 300 with Extra Cardiac; price 1201pa; selected list of public and private hospitals covered, 300 private excess, Mater Private and Beacon hospital cardiac cover.

[broken link removed]

Laya Healthcare
1. Flex 250 Explore; price 949pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered( Mater Private, Beacon and Blackrock Clinic ) for cardiac and
other surgery. Private excess 250.

2. Simplicity Plan; price 1087pa; all public, private(including private room) 3 hi-tech hospitals covered for cardiac and other surgery. Max excess
100 x 2 admissions per year. Good day to day cover included, first 100 not allowed.

[broken link removed]

I appreciate that you both want cover with the same provider, for convenience sake. In your situation, Glohealth suits yourself re maternity cover and free cover for under 3s in the future.
Hospital cover wise, Laya healthcare offer a lot more cover at a reasonable price, which suits your husband. A lot of families split cover with
2 different companies to suit their health needs and to make more savings.
Just something to keep in mind.

Snowyb

Thank you Snowyb, thats indeed food for thought. I think we will probably stick with one provider for convenience though for now anyway.

Back