renewal of medical card query

lorr01

hi,
My mam filled in the form to renew her medical card and she sent it back to her local health centre, withinn a couple of days she received the form back stating "What milege was my dad doing to go to work" my dad is unemployed and so is my mum as they were working in the same area, and were let go last February, so my mam rang the cwo in the health centre telling her that they both dont work and she apologised and said she had a temp girl in to help with the paperwork!,

So the cwo told her to send back up the form which she did and she would sort it out, but this morning the form yet again came back to my mum saying something about casual jobseekers work with ???? marks beside it, what does that mean can anyone help,
Also on the page is a "claim profile enquiry" form with her means and 1 child dependant and there is nothing in my dads side of the page.
Both my parents dont work and both are on Jobseekers Allowance

Now when my mam worked she was just doing a couple of hours cleaning and was filling in the slips for SW of when working and when not working, but that has all stoped now as she hasnt worked since Feb

any advice please as to what is going on

thanks

Last edited:
The claim profile enquiry page sounds like a record of your mum's jobseeker's claim (it's a printout of the claim record on the computer system used by CWOs and SW). If your mum was on casual jobseeker's, SW may still have her listed as being a casual worker & signer, even though she's now fully unemployed and claiming her full entitlement.

It sounds as if the person helping out the CWO was confused by the casual working & signing codes on the claim, perhaps meant to ask the CWO for clarification but sent it back to your mum instead? Your mum should sign the bottom of the Claim Profile Enquiry page and declare that she hasn't had any work since Feb 09, and send it back. Hopefully that should sort it!

The claim profile enquiry page sounds like a record of your mum's jobseeker's claim (it's a printout of the claim record on the computer system used by CWOs and SW). If your mum was on casual jobseeker's, SW may still have her listed as being a casual worker & signer, even though she's now fully unemployed and claiming her full entitlement.

It sounds as if the person helping out the CWO was confused by the casual working & signing codes on the claim, perhaps meant to ask the CWO for clarification but sent it back to your mum instead? Your mum should sign the bottom of the Claim Profile Enquiry page and declare that she hasn't had any work since Feb 09, and send it back. Hopefully that should sort it!

gippiman,

Thanks for getting back to me, i though personally there was a mistake as my mum has always done everything by the book, the CWO wants to see her and she is afraid of what will happen but she said when she finished up her job that she went straight to the local SW office and there was a new girl there that she never seen before and that she told mam to get rid of the signing sheets as she wouldnt need them anymore and that what she did..

thanks so much

update,

My mum went to see the CWO today and she said my mum wasnt getting near to what she was entitled to since Feb 09 and is sorting it out now and medical card sorted to so thanks gippiman for your advice..

Back