Renewal - 2 adults & one child

Niall56

I got great advice here last year so I couldn't help coming back.

We're (husband & wife) on the Laya Control 300 Create plan. We've been quoted at €2,159, up from €2,106 last year.

It's not a huge increase although we were concerned to hear anecdotally from a friend that Laya no longer cover the Mater Private. We have had procedures there before so ideally we would like it included in any future plan.

Our 18 month old is on VHI One Plan 150 at €125.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Renewal is on 8 February.

Niall56,

Laya Control 300 Create plan is not affected by the reduction of cover in Mater Private and Blackrock Clinic in recent years.
So you are still fully covered in these 2 hospitals as before, no change there.

Child plan One Plan Starter; price 115pa; covers all public hospitals only, all childrens hospitals are public so there is no need for private cover
until over 3 years of age.
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Maybe you could help with this one, I renew my laya total health complete policy every December and my colleague of the same age and circumstances has the same policy ,only difference is his renewal is due in february, but for reasons unknown his premium is always about 100€ cheaper than mine, it's 110€ cheaper this year. Have you any idea how I can have mine to be the same as his. I have paid 300€ more over the last 3 years for the same product with laya.

horse7,

I'm just wondering if you are on Total Health Complete @ price 1290pa, while your colleague might be on Total Health Complete 175 @ 1198pa.
There is very little difference between the two plans, besides price. The private excess is 125 on your plan while the excess is 175 on hisplan.

Comparison in the following link;
[broken link removed]

You can switch plans at anytime outside of renewal date with Laya healthcare.
You should check out 'Simply Connect' @ price 1100pa. There is a capped excess of 150 x 2 max per year for all private/hi-tech admissions.
Day case excess 50 per procedure.
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Both total health complete. I paid 1404€ in December, it's 1290€ in February'.

Here is some of the interaction with the laya agent:.
query is this ,i have paid 1404 in december for my cover ,and if my renewal was in february this year the same policy is 1290,quite a lot less than i paid, can you tell me why this is please
Agent:
The policy costs can change from month to month. We are always assessing our costs. Laya customer:
the total complete 175 has the same cover as my policy, can you confirm please
Laya agent:
It does not have the same cover. The excess is higher on Total Health Complete 175.

Laya agent:
It is a lower level of cover, for an admission into a private tier two hospital, you would need to pay an additional €50 per admission.

Laya client . : thank you for that information,its a bit of a maze, i understand the policy cost can change month to month, but my renewal in december is always about 100 euro dearer than a collegue with the same policy,and this is for the last 5 years, while i know costs can go up, it doesnt explain mine being always dearer . Laya agent:
I am afraid there is no pattern to cost, they are constantly being looked at. At your next renewal, you can ask to change your renewal date, if you want to do so. I'm not saying it will be cheaper, but you can have it in line with your friends renewal date for comparison purposes.

horse7,

Laya change the price of this plan twice in the same year. For example, 1 April 2017 it increased to 1357 and stayed at this price until 1 Jan 2018
when it dropped to 1261. This would explain in that year the price difference. Your friend got the benefit of the price reduction. This has been
going on for a number of years. I would definitely switch plans to an alternative Laya plan, now rather than later.

I am on Simply Connect plan, if that helps. You will recoup some of the losses. Simply Connect has a capped excess 150 x 2 for all private
hospital admissions, day case excess 50 per procedure. So better hospital cover at a lower price.

Snowyb

Back