Relative misled regarding Will contents

Turbury

Looking for an online info. source regarding contesting a will on the following grounds:

Uncle told nephew he would will farm to him. Nephew worked farm (part time unpaid) over a period of years. Uncle died, will read and farm left to another relative who lived 60 miles away and never worked the farm.

I've come accross info. about this some time ago but cant remember where I saw it.

Thanks all

It seems [to me] very unlikely that in the absence of a contract specifying that the unpaid work was in return for eventual ownership of the farm that there's any grounds for the nephew to contest the will.
In fact, even if there was a signed agreement to that effect, i'm not sure that would override the will

Not sure how good online sources will be, but the terms you might want to google are= doctrine of legitimate expectation/ estoppel.

It seems [to me] very unlikely that in the absence of a contract specifying that the unpaid work was in return for eventual ownership of the farm that there's any grounds for the nephew to contest the will.
In fact, even if there was a signed agreement to that effect, i'm not sure that would override the will

I'm sure it wouldn't override the will but surely there is a case of legitimate expectation as mentioned by Vanilla

Back