Reid Furniture:opinions re price, product quality, delivery, after sales service etc.

Re: Reid Furniture

just share my reids experience
I saw a lovely suite in there a few yrs back in december and it was €1899 at the time and i didnt need it until april so i said id wait until january to order hoping it would be in sale etc. But when i went in jan it was €1999 and a big Red flashy sale sign hanging off it, i was raging, sales agents didnt want to know, said that it was on sale etc i wrote an email to them with a complaint and never got a response. Didnt buy it even though it was my favourite.

we ordered a corner unit in september and was delivered on monday, infortunately it was the wrong way, my wife informed delivery people and they said that it wasn't there problem and would not remove it as they only deliver and that i would have to get on to customer service about it. My wife rang reids and explained to the salesperson what happened, he checked our docket and said it was a matter for customer service in dublin, and they would deal with it within 10 days, it had now become a customer complaint!!!! its beyond me how its a complaint as the sofa arrived into a warehouse, but the delivery people picked up the wrong one and we just want our correct sofa. After getting no satifaction, i rang reids and spoke to sales rep again, the same story line again, when i pushed him for a customer complaint number and a number for the person dealing with the complaint, i was told that they only fax it through and its then put on the system, when asked how he knows this, he said he didn't that he would have to email them if he wanted notification..i told him that if we did not hear back from them i would cancel our whole order, his attitude chnged then, rang back and told us customer service will be on to us by wednesday..had to ring customer service today, they themselves are confused how the sofa is to be be, so where are u going...its very convientient that the delivery company is seperate from the reids store as is the customer service dept...all the do is pass the blame along until it gets lost...so waiting for her to get back to me...we'll see

I order a 3/2 leather suite in november with a delivery of 4 months. Called in February and they said it was expected that week so i paid the balance. No furniture arrived and when i called back, to cut the long story short.. i was told that it would be APRIL!!! SIX months.. I then asked for them to refund the balance that i had paid thru my credit card.. 2K. They said, oh it will take 7/10 days to process. My lard.. it didn't take them that long to take it in the first place!!! So, 1 month later and many phone calls i still haven't received the refund to my account. MORE than annoyed. BEWARE...

I ordered and paid for a bed from them about a year ago from their shop in Blanchardstown. They told me that it would be about 2 months before delivery. When I didn't hear back from them after the two months I called. The sales person was extremely unhelpful and told me that it was out of their hands and I would have to wait until the warehouse called me to organise delivery. I waited and waited and waited but still no word. I finally went into the shop and asked them if they could contact the warehouse and find out where my bed was only to be told that they were "not allowed" to call the warehouse !!!!! They finally agreed to give me the number so I phoned the warehouse myself - which is in Northern Ireland. The guy I spoke to there was very helpful but told me that my bed had not even arrived in the country yet and would be at least another couple of months. He advised me to cancel my order, ask for my money back and go somewhere else !!!! If one of their own employees tells you not to buy from them that speaks volumes. I did as he advised and went else where. Roll on IKEA which will wipe the floor with all these other furniture shops. Won't go near Reid furniture again even if they were given the stuff away - to be avoided at all costs !!!!

I bought a suite four years ago and didn't have too much hassle apart from a few phone calls - it was delivered when they said it would be. That said, a colleague bought the same suite and had terrible problems wiith delivery, marking on the floor, a scratch on the side and had to resort to solicitors' letters.

One point that is worth making. Chancing my arm when I went looking, I asked for them to round the price down (it was about 2350) and said that I would commit on that day to buying if it was 2k. We settled on me paying 2100.

This is what I hate about furniture stores, Why should we have to pay for items when we dont even see the one we buy?, why pay so early? Who brought in this scheme and why do we all tolerate it? You don't have to pay for anything else ie: car, house, clothes, tv, appliances,etc, until you have examined it or your satisfied its OK, there must or will have to be a law against such trading practice,
I bought a suite off Reid's about 6 years ago, top quality and still perfect and with everyday use, but I was in bits after handing over 4500 pounds for a cupla weeks and all I had was a small piece of paper for it, What if they went wallop or like above wrong item came, where would my money be, "BAN PRE PAYMENT" or at least full pre payment.They should have no right to demand full payment.

From our experience and those of our friends...avoid Reid...spread the news.

I bought a 3 + 2 off reids - got my delivery in 2 months as the sales girl said.

Don't buy from this company. I bought a suite from them 2 years ago in June for a guarenteed christmas delivery (ye right), paid the deposit and was told the remainder would be payable 1 week before the delivery date, got a call the 1st week in december to say my suite was in the warehouse and that i would have to pay the balance before delivery, paid it and got a delivery date of 1 week later, 2 weeks later and a few days before christmas i'm told there is a delay in the delivery times and i might not have the suite before xmas. Now their warehouse on the greenhills rd in dublin is about 2 mins from my house yet i couldn't collect it from there and when i went around to see if the suite was really there the lad in the office told me that 10 suites in the colour i had ordered were still in a container in Scotland and that Reids knew that it would not make an xmas delivery.
The 23rd of december in a new house with both sets of families coming over for xmas dinner and no suite i tried to contact reids on the naas rd with no joy , drove down only to find they are closed for the xmas holidays with a note in the window to contact a Northern Ireland number if enquires were to be made.
To cut a long story short i was deliveried a 2 piece suite on xmas eve at about 5pm and didn't get the suite i paid for the previous June till the 10th of March, 10 months later.

, "BAN PRE PAYMENT" or at least full pre payment.They should have no right to demand full payment.

I have never bought anything from Reids but I saw them advertising 3 year interest free deals on one of the weekend papers - at least with an offer like that you wouldn't have the same concerns re them going bust before you take delivery of the suite.

Bought a 3+1+1 leather suite recently from Marks & Spencers.
I must say their customer service was second to none. The delivery men laid out mats on the floor before they came into house to avoid damaging wooden floor.
They assembled the suite in desired location in room and took all packaging away with them.
Sales person was very knowledgable and did not try to flog us a dodgy insurance policy
Quality of the suite is brilliant too.
It can pay to look further afield than the regular furniture superstores (Reids)

Bought a 3+1+1 leather suite recently from Marks & Spencers.
I must say their customer service was second to none. The delivery men laid out mats on the floor before they came into house to avoid damaging wooden floor.
They assembled the suite in desired location in room and took all packaging away with them.
Sales person was very knowledgable and did not try to flog us a dodgy insurance policy
Quality of the suite is brilliant too.
It can pay to look further afield than the regular furniture superstores (Reids)

I bought my suite from [broken link removed] also and they were excellent. They are not cheap but as is normally the case with Marks the quality is there. I had to sign the equivalent of a legal agreement when purchasing.

I do not believe there is such a thing as a real interest free deal. The interest cost is built into the price of the item before you buy it. Its just another way of fooling people into thinking they are getting a good deal.

Like all the furniture shops i was in they all have very long lead times.I shopped around and found in Reid Furniture there is better quality stuff and none of this leather Match stuff.They only do real leather and the price matches the quality of the leather.Their are some cheaper models in the store and they are very good value. I got the Verona 3+1+1 and waited 15 weeks for it. I am over the moon with it and it is so comfy.I delt with Naas road Branch and found them to be very helpful and knew what they where talking about. I hope this helps anyone who is thinking of buying from Reids.

I was in around 12 furniture shops in and around the Longmile road and Kylemore road on Saturday and have to say Reid's seemed to be by far the most expensive of the lot.

We weren't paying attention to the price of suites - we were looking at beds, dining tables, and coffee tables, and saw several items which were identical to those seen elsewhere, for about a third extra. I'll be staying away.

The service at Reids is an absolute joke!!!! Its a shame i only found this site and all the warnings after we purchased from there. The staff are nice as pie and very helpful when you are there purchasing from them but if you expect any sort of decent service afterwards i wouldnt even bother. We had our first lot of furniture delivered to the wrong COUNTY and were expecting another delivery. This delivery arrived 2 weeks later and again was delivered to the wrong County. On the 2nd delivery we werent even told they were making a delivering to us they just decided that they would rock up with the furniture in the hopes that someone would be there (at the wrong address), mind you myself and my partner both work. Trying to get through on the phone to Reids is a mission in itself and then to get someone who actually cares enough to help you out and give you a call back is something else. As someone said in an earlier post they all just pass the buck. they tell you that someone from HO should call you back and the dont. You are constantly chasing them. If you have alot of spare time and patience you could try your luck with them.

I bought my suite off Reids at the end of January. I was told it would be approx. 16 weeks. At the end of 16 weeks, I got a call to say it would be delivered the following Tuesday. I told them to ring me about a half an hour before they arrived, so I could nip out from work so this duly happened.

The suite was delivered by two gorgeous Eastern Europeans, who positioned it exactly where I wanted it and were very helpful. I told them to leave the wrapping on it, as I was getting some work done in the house, so they said I should just open up the packaging a bit to ensure it was the correct colour.

Suite was very well wrapped for transport and the quality (violino) was excellent. All in all I am very happy with it.

My sister bought a suite there a few weeks after me. hers is now delivered as well, and she had a similar experience to me.

I wouldn’t recommend Reid Furniture either, had a very experience with them two years ago. The customer service is appalling. I ordered a suite in the January with a delivery of 12 weeks; it didn’t arrive until the August.

Hi,
We purchased a L shaped sofa off Reid 10 months ago and the center collapsed after about six months and one of the leg supports was cracked! If I had read this site before buying I wouldn't of went near them. Just wondering if anybody knows where I could buy wooden sofa legs in Dublin as I'm looking to change mine. Any help greatly appreciated

Ordered a dining table & chairs from Reid Furniture in Blanch about 2 months ago. Got a phone call a few weeks ago to say they would be delivering 16th August & would contact us a day or two in advance re: time [they didn't, so we rang them this morning to check if they were still coming or not.]

Himself took the morning off work to accept delivery... of 6 flatpack make-em-yourself dining chairs [maybe that's the norm now but they never breathed a word about it] & the wrong flipping dining table.

The table we ordered is a round table - which is sold as a set with the chairs. What was delivered was a not-even-remotely-similar-in-style rectangular table.

We are now awaiting a phone call from their warehouse to see when the hell we will be getting the table we ordered and paid for, thanks. Apparantly [according to the "talk to the people in the warehouse" girl in Blanch] they can deliver from 0630am to accomodate people who are working. Bet when the warehouse/distribution crowd ring us it will be whenever they can fit us in to their schedule, though.

Sorry for length of post - I am just raging right now!

Back