Reid Furniture:opinions re price, product quality, delivery, after sales service etc.

Re: Reid Furniture:eek:pinions re price, product quality, delivery, after sales service

Romero, I have my suite from Reids almost 3 years now and it is the exact same as the day I bought it. It has worn very well. I had no trouble getting delivery, but maybe that is just me. I see someone else here got out of the 75 delivery charge, I didn't at the time.

Mine however, was Violino brand, so I am sure somewhere else stocks them in Dublin too, I just took my chance with Reids.

Is the one you are looking at a brand, or is it one of Reids own? If it is a brand, then it is likely somewhere else sells it too, if you wanted to look at that option.

Happy with my choice and would take a chance on ordering from Reids again, if I saw something I liked.

It is really a case of horses for courses, the quality varies greatly from shop to shop and even within that, from Brand to Brand. When I was looking at mine, Diamond Living had it as well and it cost more from them than Reids.

Re: Reid Furniture:eek:pinions re price, product quality, delivery, after sales service

Thanks MandaC, I'm glad it worked out for you with Reid's, I think it's Reid's own model [broken link removed] Opus in Chesnut Brown. 3 Seater recliner sofa and 2 armchair recliners (mechanical), was going to take the platinum insurance to cover tears or the recliner failing so got about 300 off and final price including delivery just over €3000. They also said the crowd who deliver for them think its Careline will arange to take my current 3 seater sofa & 2 chairs for 100 euros but will have to tell them that when they ring before delivery so they have space in the van. So as you can see its a big purchase that I would like to go smoothly but from reading here some of the issues can be
1) Late delivery running into 12 months before you get what you ordered.
2) Wrong Dimensions from what you ordered
3) Wrong Color suite from what you ordered
4) Very poor customer service.

So looks like a lot of people have been let down on this thread ok a few have gone through without a hitch but would like to see more feedback on them in the positive

Well Romero my mother got a fabric sofa from Reids had no problem with delivery dates etc, the sofa is still in great condition some 7 years later.

Hopefully in these recessionary times they will be paying more attention to their customer service , Im about to order an electric recliner chair leather from them as it is the best price ive seen , ive been given a date of may for delivery , fingers crossed !!

I was in cost plus sofas the other day and asked for the dimensions of a sofa I liked , the salesman just said ' sure its the usual size ' ??!!
In Reid I found them much more obliging , hopefully the good service continues.

Romero, I got my couch in Clerys. It's an L shaped leather couch and cost about €1,600 at the time. Had originally ordered one in Harvey Norman but it would have taken 6 weeks whereas Clerys could have it out in a week. Cost about €150 more but worth it. They arrived out on the right day, on time, but unfortunately they couldn't get it into the living room because the door to the living room opens into a little hall first, and the handle means it doesn't open flush with the wall. Anyway, they had to take it away and I rang the shop to say I'd have the door taken off the next time they came out. They said it's in the small print that it's your responsiblity to ensure that it fits and that there was a €50 redelivery charge. So I told them that I wanted a refund instead - and lo and behold, the couch arrived out without any additional charge!

They were good to deal with, great quality couch. It's four years old now and still in great nick. Would recommend them

On a separate note, if you cancel your order with Harvey Norman, you have to do it within three days or forfeit the intial €50 deposit. Might have changed since I bought my couch but that was the way at the time

Back