Regulations on storage of gas cylinders ?

ncs

I'm living in a residential area of semis and a house nearby is the registered address for a mobile catering company. I'm pretty sure there are quite a number of gas cylinders being stored in an outside shed there since I can frequently hear them being dragged around. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the regulations are concerning non-domestic storage of gas cylinders and whether the storage etc should be inspected. In fairness, I don't know if they are full or not but it is a potential concern.

I'm living in a residential area of semis and a house nearby is the registered address for a mobile catering company. I'm pretty sure there are quite a number of gas cylinders being stored in an outside shed there since I can frequently hear them being dragged around.
How do you know that they're not kegs or something else?

Maybe the HSA can advise on regulations in this area?

How do you know that they're not kegs or something else?

Maybe the HSA can advise on regulations in this area?

Unlikely to be kegs; the business name would suggest a leaning towards BSE burgers and chips. Unless ketchup comes in seriously large catering packs... I'm just assuming there must be some kind of regulation (co. council or other) to limit storage without appropriate (ie. concrete/brick) containment and wondered if anyone knew.

Maybe your local authority's environmental health officer (or whatever they're called) could help too? Or your local fire safety officer?

Get on the Health and Safety or check their web site. I know of one business who store some petrol in containers. Even do they were stored in a purpose built well ventilated concrete shed, with a steel door and kept locked etc. HS got them to raise the concrete floor above the outside ground level display big warning signs.

I wonder if they have planning permission to run a business in a residential area ???? --- worth checking out

Back