Regular payment credit card?

JamesGG

Is there a way you can set up a regular payment from a current account to a credit card, AIB said no and that I would only be able to pay it off manually through 24 hour banking.

I think ulster let you do it with their own ccard. Any help appreciated.

I pay my AIB credit card using one-off payments from my Ulster Bank online banking all the time. I assume you could set up a standing order to do the same.

I transfer to 93-02-96 / 99903412 with my credit card number as the reference.

If you have online/telephone banking then you should be able to pay it across via third party transfer (if the card is from a different provider than yourr bank) using the account details on your card statement. The account number and sort code appear on the payment giro on the statement for some cards and for other cards they can be on the reverse on the statement in the small print. You will need to reference your card number in the payment. You can set this up as a third party transfer online or by speaking to a customer service rep on telephone banking.
Credit cards usually allow you to set up a direct debit for the minmum payment as well.
I'm sure the credit card provider would give you the details to set up a standing order over the phone.

Ring AIB and they can set you up with a monthly Direct Debit from your current account, to pay the credit card.

Back