Registering a domain name question..?

longpockets

Hi all,

Is there a way that you can register an irish domain name without having to provide an rbn number..?

just want to keep everything under the radar for a bit first.

any ideas around this would be grateful

Provide a letter stating why you should be awarded the .ie

If your letter has a letterhead that relates to the domain name you are after that will help your cause.

You cannot use a name of a business on a letterhead that is not registered or is not yours to use.

Just to clarify my post .... I didn't say to use a business name on a letterhead.

I used a name that was clearly identifiable with the name of (of all things) my house and I got the domain name associated with it. It's not a business name and I haven't registered it.

There was no underlying motive for this.

A letter from your bank or supplier is usually sufficent as long as it clearly states you trade in Ireland. No requirements at all for .com or .co.uk

What radar are you trying to keep under by not wanting to register a business name with CRO?

Thinking along the lines of original poster myself, how do you go about registering an .ie domain name, also I have a domain name which will be due for renewal shortly, however, the current owner is not myself (even though its my business) but is registered to the developer of my website anyone got any experience with this sort of thing. What I want of course is to be the registered owner of my own domain name

@ Mizen,

all information relating to registering a .ie domain can be found [broken link removed]

Back