Regional Broadband & Eircom email settings for Windows mail

hippy1975

Hi,

hoping someone can help me out, my sister is with Regional Broadband (only option for her area) and had her eircom e-mail account set up through Windows mail, all going fine for several years until recently, she can now receive e-mails but cannot send, I have checked and re-checked that the outgoing SMTP server is set as mail.regionalbroadband.ie and that everything else is correct.

Regional Broadband support were not helpful to say the least, only thing they said was that eircom changed 'something' and their email was no longer compatible with regional broadband so she should create a new e-mail address with another provider - obviously an option you'd rather avoid as it's a hassle.

Has anyone had any experienc with this ? Sounds like a load of bull to me but as they're not open today (or yesterday) I can't get them on the phone to verify or ask further questions,

thanks

On the website have you checked on the Contact Us page? It gives a mobile number for text messages. If she can get the incoming mail there should be nothing incompatible with eircom. Her problem seems to be only outgoing which relies on their sown server. They have probably changed the setting for their outgoing SMTP server. I suggest that you ask for the SMTP server address by sending a text to that mobile number.

Last edited:
Back