Refused Halifax Credit Card

qingdao

Hi,

I applied online for a halifax credit card (for the 100 euro) and was refused for some reason...and can't think of any reason why.

I've a reg saver account with them for the past 13 months -750/month.
my Current account is with them and i just opened a flexisaver accont also.
Salary in the region of 40K.

Could it be because its not likely that they'll make much money on me as i always pay of my CC on time and that I have no debts? Any point in querying their decision - is it possible to get an explanation as to whythis might happen?

I've a reg saver account with them for the past 13 months -750/month.
my Current account is with them and i just opened a flexisaver accont also.
Salary in the region of 40K.

Could it be because its not likely that they'll make much money on me as i always pay of my CC on time and that I have no debts?
Bar the salary figure I also fit that profile and got one from them recently.
Any point in querying their decision - is it possible to get an explanation as to whythis might happen?
I doubt that you'll get an answer. Presumably there are no missed payments or other "black marks" on your ICB records?

I would say call into the branch as they may have ran you through a points system such as time at current/previous address, whether you are a home owner or renter, whether you are in your current job a short period of time. They won't neccessesarily go beyond this as in look into your deposits with them. You could also check out your credit history with the Irish credit bureau. They had an error on my report a few years back and I had them correct it. Some institutions will not give you a loan if you have a history of paying back loans early but i'd say it was the points as mentioned above.

If you've never had a loan out- This could also go against you as you have no credit history!

Check out [broken link removed] for how to check your credit rating in case there is anything on this. May be a mistake

If you've never had a loan out- This could also go against you as you have no credit history!
The only loan that I ever had out was a mortgage which is cleared well over 5 years ago so I would assume (haven't requested my ICB file to check) that I could technically have no credit history as a result? I'm aware that my file probably logs checks by financial institutions when I applied for various products (e.g. credit cards, current accounts etc.) over the years but I don't think that it would have anything else?

You should request the icb file, It's very interesting and only costs about 6 euro

It's possible you don't have a credit history since it's over 5 years but I wonder do they really get rid of this information older than 5 years!

I thought that everything over 5 years old dropped off your file? I was going to get my report out of interest but I'd sooner spend the €6 on something more useful to me...

Back