Refund TV license

Woodie

Anyone know if it is possible to get a refund on a TV license. Essentially we have ended up with two current valid ones for same household due to a clerical mixup. An Post are playing dumb andsaying no procedure.
I know it is possible in UK/NI to get a rebate but I am begining to believe that like some many things in our sweet Republic there is no rule so you get ripped off.

Anyone know if it is possible to get a refund on a TV license. Essentially we have ended up with two current valid ones for same household due to a clerical mixup. An Post are playing dumb andsaying no procedure

Don't buy next year's. If they take you to court then you have an alibi.

I got a declaration from AN Post this morning to say that don't have a TV.

Must I sign this?

The TV licence ran out last month & I don't think I'll bother with it for a few months.

Anyone know if it is possible to get a refund on a TV license. Essentially we have ended up with two current valid ones for same household due to a clerical mixup. An Post are playing dumb andsaying no procedure.
I know it is possible in UK/NI to get a rebate but I am begining to believe that like some many things in our sweet Republic there is no rule so you get ripped off.

I managed to pay my TV License twice in 2008 in the same post office. I got in touch with with TV Records office for my area and they sent me a refund by cheque. Records office for your area details here: http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/GeneralTemplates/FAQ.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID={24D68E6B-0B76-48A7-A11E-ADE6D4D02F8A}&NRORIGINALURL=%2fAnPost%2fFAQs%2fTV%2bLicence%2bFAQs.htm&NRCACHEHINT=Guest#Four

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Megan I give that a whack. I have no problem with the obligation to pay and would to advocate being a sponge.

Back