Referral Requests for Deposit Products - Raisin.ie etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sent you the more detailed reply there, hope that helps, any other issues just DM me and a happy new year
Your suggested solution did not work. How you could genuinely help is giving me and others a chance to give a referral for Raisin.ie. I haven't got one so far on this website as you have taken them all by jumping in in a split second. I think that is very unfair.

Last edited:
Your suggested solution did not work. How you could help is giving me a chance to give a referral for Raisin.ie. I haven't got one so far on this website as you have taken them all by jumping in in a split second.
I tried Pmc, the Raisin referral workaround worked for me and others. If you like I could give you a call to troubleshoot and to try a resolution for your individual issue.

I deliberately took a break from this thread to give others a chance and notably users Conard and Original took advantage, all I can say is keep trying and good luck Mr PMC

Last edited:
I tried Pmc, the Raisin referral workaround worked for me and others. If you like I could give you a call to troubleshoot and to try a resolution for your individual issue.

I deliberately took a break from this thread to give others a chance and notably users Conard and Original took advantage, all I can say is keep trying and good luck Mr PMC
I've only actually managed to send 1 Raisin referral (for the sake of clarity), all the rest were beaten to the mark by others. I have no idea how your so fast at sending them. I sent one a while ago whereby I was the first to reply to the OP's request for a referral link (replying as sending now), but another user had DM'd the individual without first replying in the thread. So, I would hardy say I am taking advantage.

I've only actually managed to send 1 Raisin referral (for the sake of clarity), all the rest were beaten to the mark by others. I have no idea how your so fast at sending them. I sent one a while ago whereby I was the first to reply to the OP's request for a referral link (replying as sending now), but another user had DM'd the individual without first replying in the thread. So, I would hardy say I am taking advantage.
Yep it seems the original way of replying first isnt followed anymore. I do try and support people if there are any issues setting up which I did have personally so I think some users appreciate that and hence choose me. Maybe being like that might get you more referrals

Yep it seems the original way of replying first isnt followed anymore. I do try and support people if there are any issues setting up which I did have personally so I think some users appreciate that and hence choose me. Maybe being like that might get you more referrals
or people could just send one at a time; at least that way all would have a fair crack at sending a referral. If I was to get a successful referral then I would (as I did before) let the next few go to others.

I agree with this. It is very clear some users are monopolising this thread and then are unhappy (or even aggressive) if somebody moves in on their self-proclaimed turf. I have received unsolicited PMs from the same individual. On evidence of their posting history, it seems some contribute very little expertise sharing to the community apart from swooping in to benefit financially themselves (to the tune of hundreds or probably even thousands at this stage) and scare off any others who do.
Agreed; very well put messyleo, over a thousand euro is possible/ likely at this stage, just directly from askaboutmoney site, never mind other forums they may potentially use ie boards etc. Too much free time on my hands today…. I think they have just on this thread requested / offered 11 lightyear referrals . (I have no idea what they are worth), 13 raisins- 50 each I think, max 500 euro allowed but second account with partner/ friends/ family could do other referrals, 4 trade republic (10 or 30 euro maybe?), 3 or 4 other referrals also across the other 3 banks. I doubt a full 100% of these were successful. This is all since recently joining this community earlier in the year. If there was additional DMs/ PMs sent also with referrals that could be higher.. Thankfully though they are always.... happy to help.

Askaboutmoney and Brendan were slow to allow referrals on the site I believe, probably so it would not descend to this game we have now of fastest finger first plus the discontent it leads to, with one person replying in seconds.

We have a thread here that is being used for the benefit of individuals rather than the site as a whole. Given the costs associated with running the site and the voluntary nature of the site I think it would be a good idea if referral bonuses could be channelled back to the running costs of the site, given this is where individuals are coming for this info.

Small contribution to the practical costs associated with running the site.

Not sure how best to do this but I think it is worth exploring and I would be glad to help if necessary.
I am just re highlighting this post here also as a very well put and good idea.

@Brendan Burgess @Sue Ellen @Leo

It would be good to get your view please on some of the recent posts in this thread as it is a bone of contention, i assume, for many.

A small number of posters are monopolising this thread and the opportunity to make money from offering referrals - to the extent that they may be earning significantly from it.

It feels wrong and certainly not in the spirit of a forum offering free financial advice to people. Please can you review this and consider addressing it, when you have a chance.

i propose a review of this with a view to establishing some ground rules and a fairer system for all users who may wish to offer referrals.

Thanks.

Last edited:
@irishfinanceguy i see you liked my post. Can I ask what exactly do you like or agree with in my post? I ask you as you seem to be a significant beneficiary from referrals on this thread. In the interest of transparency, id like your view.

I don't see why things need to change. People ask for referrals and someone sends them on one. If someone gets there before you then it sucks but that's just how things go.

I don't see why things need to change. People ask for referrals and someone sends them on one. If someone gets there before you then it sucks but that's just how things go.
Im not even trying to provide rederrals. Im not interested. I just dont like what I am seeing. In some ways I agree with you - fastest finger first etc and good luck to them. But it seems to me that they have a system. They are using AAM to generate income. That cannot be right?

I would also add that one poster in particularly can give hassle to other posters (unsolicited PMs warning them off etc) if they try and step on their turf. This goes past fastest finger first and is uncalled for imo.

I also think that posters who contribute very little to the forum apart from giving referrals benefitting so much financially when so many other give advice and expertise for free is wrong. Some posters on AAM give endless fabulous advice and don't receive a cent. The money should be fed back to AAM somehow or else the opportunities shared around more so users who contribute a lot of advice and help to others get a chance. Most people would be happy to get one or two referrals and not be greedy.

In terms of contribution to this particular section of the forum @Lightning wins hands down in keeping us all up to date on rate changes. Maybe some of the sharks should be handing over their commission to him!

We all gain a bit of extra knowledge from reading AAM and should give a little back by sharing our own specific knowledge on topics otherwise the place will be far less than it is.

I too have gotten unsolicited DM's from one individual on here claiming he would get me a higher referral than anybody else. I politely declined his sharp advances as 3 others hand already sent me codes before him. Not happy to leave things at that he then offered me a referral for another provider completely unsolicited.

In terms of regulation of referrals maybe a list system is needed where once a referral is given that poster goes to the bottom of the list and cannot give a referral again until their turn comes around.

Just my two pence worth on things.

Raisin always sent the refer a friend to the person's email address seeking the referral. That doesn't work now.
Can confirm, they got back to me today about it. Link is down for all customers at the moment, their IT team is looking into it but there’s been a delay on handling it due to the recent holidays and staffing understandably. Maybe it’s related to threads like this, they might have been worried people were abusing the system? But I’ll take them at their word for now.

People may already know this but the agent on the phone was very insistent that people have to sign up via the referral link for it to work for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back