Reduced to 5 half days - any entitlements?

L O L

My employer has mentioned reducing my hours to 5 mornings a week. Just wondering can I claim JB or JA?

Reducing your hours to fewer days would appear to be the better option from reading this post. You could have a read of www.welfare.ie or www.citizensinformation.ie to see if you can confirm this for yourself.

You may get some further advice from this key post in this forum or if you run the search option you may get further advice.

From a travelling expenses point of view fewer days would be the best option also.

i think if you are in work every day you are not then available to work so not entitled to job seekers etc, you should ask can you go on 2/3day week then you may be entitled to dole.

You would have to ask your employer to reduce you to a 2 day or 3 day working week otherwise you would not be entitled to claim either JB or JA. Working 5 days would entitle you to nothing.

If you work more than three days per week you are not entitled to Jobseekers try to talk to your employer to see if you can work your hours into fewer days. If this fails and you find yourself in financial difficulty you could go to your Community Welfare Officer and see if you arre eligable for SWA keeping in mind that this is a means tested payment

Back