Recycling Scrap Metal (Copper and Lead)

Mahons

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has a rough idea of how much to expect to receive for recycling Lead and Copper.

Regards,

Mahons

Metal Recycling Co's will pay a rebate based on the current listing on the London Metal Exchange. Best to call a few places to see what the best rate is.

Lead is currently listed at Stg£1,300 per tonne & Copper is listed as Stg£3800 per tonne.

Well that was grand.

- 37 euro for 9 1/2 stone of Lead
- 8 Euro for some random brass pieces (1 stone)
- 30 Euro for a 32" copper immersion tank (did't catch the weight on this one)

Mahons,

Thanks.

I'm in a similar position.

Should I phone around or did you do that & find S O'R was offering OK money ?

Olddog

Your other option is Hammond Lane in Ringsend, it might be worth a call to check the price before going.

Mahons, I was chuckling about how its money for old rope (or metal) We'll be like the old scrap man going around with a cart collecting.

For the record we recycle all of our electrical cabling scrap and any copper and lead from renovation works. Its stockpiled in boxes and sent off in December to be cashed in. Allows a few extra drinks at the Christmas dinner.

For the record we recycle all of our electrical cabling scrap and any copper and lead from renovation works. Its stockpiled in boxes and sent off in December to be cashed in. Allows a few extra drinks at the Christmas dinner.

Yup, Thats a good idea

Must say I dont like going around H.L.

We have a customer very close to them and most times we go there we come back with a puncture. (There is a lot of shrapnel on the roads around there)

Cork metal around blackpool and Pouladuff dismantlers near the kinsale road roundabout. I find pouladuff give a slightly better price

Theres a stainless steel sink in my back garden in perfect condition despite having been there for a few years. Would such a place take this off my hands and if so does anyone know how much would I get ? I never quite knew what to do with it. Simply throwing it out seemed like a waste. Also what about old bicycle frames ?

Probably worth a couple of euro. maybe €3. Perfect condition does not add value.

Mahons,

Thanks.

I'm in a similar position.

Should I phone around or did you do that & find S O'R was offering OK money ?

Olddog

To be honest olddog - I didn't bother ringing around, I work off the north circular rd so fairview is on my commute home.

Back